Wednesday 1 September 2010

Hey Ladies.... Get Funky!


I have some excirring news, I'm gonna be DJing at Belfasts' Funk and Soul night in McHugh's Basement Bar on Friday 5th November. 

I'm having lots of fun putting some fresh and funky tunes together. I'm planning on doing a modern take on Funk n' Soul with my set (if I can run this one past the dudes) and have a few gems up my sleeve. 

Bottom line is that my set is going to be really, really fun. Trust me. I've been picking out some  joyous tunes which will have you all grinning from ear to ear. I'm aiming to show that soul and funk have lived on past The Isley Brothers and ultimately just do something a bit different. Don't fret, there'll be some classics in there too. 

The rocking Kiani will also be splicing up some phat funky beats for my intro and who knows what else yet?  

I'll be playing from 9.30 to 11.00 so make sure to come on down and feel the love. 

Nov 5th is the preliminary date and it may change but I'll keep y'all updated. 

You can add Belfast Funk and Soul on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/belfastsoul?ref=ts 

There's an excellent night planned this Friday Sept 3rd, see you there! 


2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I've djed a couple of times at the Funk and Soul night and there's nothing like playing that sort of music, especially in our soul-starved city! I'll be down anyway so I'll make sure to have a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Padraic, just saw your comment. Yes It should be really fun. Be sure to pop along and say hello! Spread the word!!! The more the merrier! :)

    ReplyDelete